1 cup gram flour,
3-4 green chilies,
2 teaspoon mustard seeds,
4 teaspoon oil
1. Roast gram flour on medium heat till the raw smell goes. Mix together gram flour and salt.
2. In a deep pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
3. Add chopped onions and crushed garlic cloves. Give vertical slits to the chilies and add them.
4. When onion pieces become translucent, add the roasted gram flour and mix well. Now add some water and keep stirring to avoid lump formation.
6. Cover and turn the heat on medium.
7. Remove the lid and stir after 5 minutes. Add lots of coriander leaves. Zunka is ready to serve now.
8. Zunka is excellent with bhakri. However, can be eaten with chapati also.
Tips: Zunka is a dry version of pithale.
1) Use 1 tsp cumin seeds instead of mustard seeds or you can add both.
2) Replace chilies with chili powder.
3) Add one chopped tomato in the step 3.
Also check Pithale-type 1, Pithale-type 2 and Pithale-type 3