|Kobi chi bhaaji|
225 gms cabbage,
1/4 cup bengal gram, split,(chana dal)
3-4 green chilies,
2 teaspoon mustard seeds,
4 teaspoon oil
1. Remove the outermost leaves of cabbage, chop it finely and rinse.
2. Soak chana dal in the water for half an hour.
3. Chop green chilies and coriander leaves.
4. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. When spluttering occurs, add asafoetida and turmeric powder.
5. Add soaked dal. Fry for sometime.
6. Now add chopped cabbage and mix well. Cover for 15 miuntes.
7. Remove the lid and if the cabbage has turned soft, add salt and sugar. Mix and cook a minute longer.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Chapati.
Tip: Variation can be done using 1 tsp cumin seeds along with the mustard seeds. Replace chana dal with chopped potato pieces or green peas or peanuts.