|Kadhi - type 2
2 cups buttermilk, or 1 cup curd/yogurt|
1 tbsp gram flour,
7-8 curry leaves,
2 to 3 green chilies,
1 tsp crushed ginger,
2 tsp cumin seeds,
4-5 fenugreek(methi) seeds,
1 cinnamon stick, 1 inch,
1/4 tsp asafoetida,
lots of coriander leaves,
2 tsp clarified butter (ghee),
salt and sugar to taste.
1. If fresh curd/yogurt is used for the recipe, add 1 cup water and whisk it to get the buttermilk.
2. Add gram flour to the buttermilk and using a wire whisk, mix it. Remove the lumps.
3. Chop chilies and coriander leaves. Add salt, sugar, chopped chilies and ginger to the buttermilk.
4. Heat a pan. Heat 2 tsp ghee. Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, cloves, cinnamon. When the masala ingredients crackle, add asafoetida and curry leaves. Pour the buttermilk into it. Add some water if required.
5. Keep stirring continuously to prevent the buttermilk from spoiling. Bring it to a boil. Then simmer for 5 minutes.
Top with coriander leaves and serve with rice.